When Krispy Kreme entered the New Orleans market in 2000, they sought a public relations firm that would do more than throw advertising dollars at their grand opening. They looked for a firm that would employ their energy, creativity and senior staff in making America's favorite doughnuts the talk of the town. They chose BMF.
- 1,000,000 doughnuts sold in one store in 18 business days
- More than 2 million free television impressions in the first year
- More than 1.5 million free newspaper impressions
- Nearly 100 free live radio remotes
- On-site special events with the New Orleans Saints, Brass hockey team, five major charities, and leading media personalities
- Creative and fun buy-in from local elected officials, thus engaging them and diffusing potential problem issues such as traffic generated by promotions
- An amazing 10.3 million units sold in the first year of operations!
" All without one penny in paid advertising!"
Our work for Krispy Kreme in the New Orleans market was so successful that BMF was retained to launch new stores in Lafayette and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, centered around developing relationships with non-profit agencies, schools, children's advocacy groups, elected officials and local media.
BMF earned a reputation among Krispy Kreme franchisees and corporate marketing staff as the designer and implementer of one of Krispy Kreme's most creative and successful promotional and marketing campaigns in the nation, and we were consistently held up as an example for others to follow at their Branding Best Practices annual review meeting. BMF was the only agency ever allowed to modify the highly recognized and institutionalized Krispy Kreme logo!