Join the BMF team and gain experience at a dynamic and established New Orleans firm!
Interns will play an important role in a variety of tasks and areas of work that include public relations, marketing, and social and digital media. Learn how to use both traditional and non-traditional marketing channels to develop integrated marketing communication strategies that meet the needs of every client, big or small.
Interns not only work directly with account executives on projects for clients but also are assigned individual projects that can be added to their portfolio at the end of the term. While responsible for clerical duties on occasion, recent interns have completed research for various non-profit organizations and potential clients, created and implemented social media campaigns, as well as helped with special events planning. Specific duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creation and maintenance of firm and client social media campaigns and ad hoc content
- Content creation such as blogs and social media
- Participate in brainstorm sessions for PR/marketing plans for both current and potential clients
- Participate in conference calls between clients and account executives to observe how this type of business is conducted as well as learn what type of communication is expected
- Attend professional events/press conferences organized by BMF and our clients
- Write website content for clients
- Help cover the phone lines
- Update media lists and client databases
- Media monitoring via Cision platform
- Social media scheduling via HeyOrca platform
- Help create, maintain, and mail client newsletters
- Aid account executives in whatever capacity they are needed
From participating in brainstorm sessions to writing articles for client newsletters, interns at BMF always have a rewarding and worthwhile experience that they carry with them as they transition into the working world.
For more information or to apply for an internship, please contact Julie O’Callaghan at (504) 524-3342 or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.